ContactFor questions and comments regarding the Workshop please contact: Silke Steger
+49 (0)89 2180 77547
5th European Workshop on Advanced Fluorescence Methods
December 5 - 9, 2016
The 5th European Workshop on Advanced Fluorescence Methods 2016 will take place from December 5th till 9th, 2016.
Registration has started !
To register, please scroll down.
The workshop consists of:
- Advanced theoretical lectures by Prof. Enrico Gratton (University of California, Irvine), Prof. Michelle Digman (University of California, Irvine), Prof. Paul W. Wiseman (McGill University), Prof. Jochen Müller (University of Minnesota), Dr. Felix Kolberling (PicoQuant GmbH, Germany), Prof. Jelle Hendrix (University of Hasselt), Prof. Claus Seidel (University of Düsseldorf) and Prof. Don C. Lamb (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität, Munich)
- Computer based training on data analysis and simulations, underscoring what has been taught during the lectures
- Hands-on laboratory training using the fluorescence microscopy instrumentation of the LMU
Topics on the agenda:
- Advanced Fluorescence Correlation Spectroscopy (FCS)
- Imaging Correlation Spectroscopy (ICS)
- Raster Image Correlation Spectroscopy (RICS)
- Number and Brightness Analysis (N&B)
- The Phasor approach to Förster Resonance Energy Transfer (FRET)
- Photon Counting Histograms (PCH)
- Single Particle Tracking (SPT) in three dimensions
It is recommended that participants have at least a bachelor's degree in the life sciences, physical sciences or engineering before attending this course.
A personal notebook computer is required for running the data analysis and simulation software for the computer based training. Minimum system requirements are: Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB (32 bit), 8 GB (64 bit), 1 free USB port, Microsoft Windows 7 Professional operating system. Administrator rights are required for installing the software.
The main lecture presentations will be recorded (audio and video) and published on this Web site. The presentations from previous workshops can be viewed here.
Schedule for the Workshop will be available soon. The workshop will start on December, 5th with the onsite registration from 8.45h to 9.15h. The full schedule will be handed out with the welcome material.
Registration has started! To register, please fill in this form.
The registration fee is 200 € for student participants and 400 € for others. Registration awards are available for a selected number of student participants (see below).
There will be a limited number of registration waivers for students. The winners will have the opportunity to present their work in a 10 minute presentation during the workshop. Please submit a short abstract of your work (half a page) and a support letter from your advisor before November 15, 2016, to:
Prof. Don C. Lamb
Department Chemie und Biochemie
Physikalische Chemie I
Butenandtstr. 11, Haus E