Application deadlines and required documents
Before you read this section, please read the section called Applying for admission (Bewerbung).
The master program in Chemistry at the LMU has no limitations on the number of students that may be accepted. Each applicant, however, must take the placement process (see point 3. under Allgemeines zur Zulassung).
Deadlines for applying are: for the winter semester, July 15 of the same year, and, for the summer semester, January 15 of the same year.
Please do not send any folders or original documents, because the application materials will not be returned.
Your application must include the following:
- an online registration form
- a brief résumé (including email and phone number)
- a copy of all certificates from the universities you attended (bachelor's certificate and transcript of records), if applicable, with official translation
- if you do not have a bachelor's certificate yet, your current university must fill out the following confirmation: Bescheinigung Intranet Bewerbung_engl.pdf (17 kByte)
- if applying for admission into advanced semesters, certification of previous course work (transfer credits).
|Please send your application to:
Prüfungsamt Chemie, Haus F5.020
After we have evaluated your application, in accordance with the Placement-Process Bylaws, we will either:
- confirm, in writing, that you qualify to enter the master program in Chemistry at the LMU München or
- send you a letter of rejection, should you be considered unqualified. In that case, you may re-apply for placement before the next deadline.
After you have received a letter of confirmation from the Department of Chemistry AND the confirmation of the International Office you should take the following steps:
- Fill out the LMU online registration form at: Online-Immatrikulationsantrag
- Postal registration (foreign students in person) at the LMU Registrar's Office (Studentenkanzlei) by the appropriate deadline!
Filling out the online form only does not mean you are registered! (more information)
If you are rejected:
You may still apply for admission to other universities which do not have admission restrictions or universities that have different placement criteria.
- If you have any questions, please get in touch with the Examination Office in the Department of Chemistry.